calla lily problems

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by lana8512, May 8, 2012.

1. lana8512

lana8512 Active Member

What is wrong with my poor calla lily? I have two planted on opposite sides of my house and both started to do this. One is in full sun the other is in part sun. I treated for snails and earwigs because that has been a problem in the past, this one is new to me...

Attached Files:

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

It almost looks like localized sunburn... Have you had rains followed by hot sunshine lately? Or conversely, watered and left water sitting on the leaves where the sun could hit them?

3. lana8512

lana8512 Active Member

I live in far northern california. We are just getting to the weather where I need to water. It rains a lot but we don't usually get the rain and sun combo. It is notoriously*foggy here. That said I always water at the base if I water at all. Still could be. Seems to be getting worse though....

4. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Could be cloud-scorch as well, which is something I'm familiar with but don't fully understand; it affects my Zantedeschias when we get low-lying cloud or fog up here. I'd assume it's because the temperature of the fog/cloud is quite low, and it's akin to localized freezing.