Identification: Can someone help me with id'ing these fungi?

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by dmschmidt, May 21, 2014.

1. dmschmidt

dmschmidt New Member

Hello

I have a number of fungi types that I am having a hard time identifying.

If anyone on the list could help, I'd really appreciate it.

All were photographed in Stanley Park last late October/early November.

Here they are. I have quite a few, so I will do them a few at a time.

Fungi ain't my thing, so if there are two examples of the same species in here (visually appearing slightly different) I apologise in advance.

thanks in advance.

Michael

Attached Files:

2. dmschmidt

dmschmidt New Member

Image #4
    was hard to shoot and get the texture right. Big odd shaped whitish blob, almost looked like a tongue.

3. mikephillips

mikephillips Member

This img #4 looks and sounds like a jelly tooth, Pseudohydnum gelatinosum, though it's fairly out of focus. They ARE hard to shoot, for sure.

Cheers, Mike

4. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi there Michael,

1. Looks like an inky cap member, eg Coprinellus, Coprinopsis, etc, depending of course on spore colour and habitat.
    2. Lovely Mycena! Not certain of species, though the gill edges and other features shown in this photo are diagnostic, so someone else may be able to help here.
    3. Hmmm... a bit young to tell... I'm caught between looking at this as a jelly fungi erumping from under the bark, and looking at this as the start of a Pycnoporellus fulgens or similar.
    4. Agreed! Otherwise known as Great Spirit Gummy Bear!
    5. If the underside of the cap has gills then possibly a Pleurotus or Pleurocybella or one of the beige/brown spored oyster lookalikes. Image of the underside would be useful.
    6. Intriguing! Would have loved to see what this developed into ... it is ringing a bell but not loudly enough for me to hear it well sorry ... maybe a Clavariadelphus sort of thing?
    7. Need more info about the underside of the cap, stem (including centre or lateral position) and substrate. There are a few things that are heavily mucilaginous that this makes me think of, but without more info I'm not sure of the value of my guess. Maybe a Gomphidius?
    8. & 9. Hmm.. do you recall what the substrate was - eg. wood? conifer? bark removed?

cheers!
    frog