Sagging Rose Bushes

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by nron007, May 19, 2014.

1. nron007

nron007 New Member

Hi, I bought some rose bushes (4) about a 6 weeks ago and kept them in my house until the temp was suitable for planting outdoors. They started to bloom, and looked quite good.

I planted them outside today, and gave them a little bit of water, and now the flowers and leaves are all sagging. They don't look good.

Is this because I didn't acclimate them before planting them outside? Or is this simply just shock?

Will they bounce back?

2. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

They should, if you will take good care of them.
    First of all you have to water the soil around them sufficiently, to make it moist to the depth bellow the root ball. During the first few weeks you will have to water every 2-3 days. After they are better established you can gradually reduce the frequency (but not the depth) of watering.
    You should also afford them protection from the sun until they stop wilting.

Unfortunately, you have made a serious mistake by keeping them in the house for so long instead of planting them outside and allowing them to get established before the leaves and flowers started to develop.

3. nron007

nron007 New Member

Thanks Sundrop! I had a feeling that was a mistake...I will monitor them closely...I hope I won't need to buy new ones!