Rosa sign needs to be moved

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by wcutler, Aug 24, 2010.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I think this is the Rosa x odorata 'Mirabilis' that belongs to the sign, but the sign is miles from the plant - at least three meters away. Maybe this blue thing has got a bit pushy lately, but it's hard to even find the rose when looking at the sign.

Attached Files:

2. Andy Hill

Andy Hill Member UBC Botanical Garden

Hey Wendy, thanks for commenting on the sign... as we hurry around the garden we inevitably miss so many things, and it's really nice to have occasional reminders!

For anyone interested, here is a link to the description that is on the sign, for Rosa x odorata 'Mutabilis'.

3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

The blue flowered plant (dang what is it?) grew in front of the rose. I just moved the sign to the side where the rose meets the trail.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Strobilanthes attenuata (Acanthaceae)

5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

So funny. Three years later, me with no memory of this thread, we wondered about the name of this beautiful and fragrant rose (far more beautiful than these photos, that don't show up the peachy colours), and we were unable to find the Rosa x odorata 'Mirabilis' sign. I guess it's covered up by the exuberant branches now that it's closer to the plant.

Daniel posted an artful version of this in which he didn't have to worry about the accuracy of the colours, in a POTD from December 30, 2006.

Attached Files: