mildew on zucchini plants

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Annageckos, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Annageckos

Annageckos Active Member 10 Years

The summer here has been really wet and fairly cool. One of my zucchini plants has gotten mildew on most of the plant and now it seems to be spreading (slowly) to the plant next to it. This particular plant has been producing very well for me this year. Some of my plants I haven't gotten anything off of yet. But I need to know what to do. I really hate useing chemicals and would perfer to use a more natural remity, but any suggestions would be great. Also some of my cucumber plants have begun to die, but I have seen nothing wrong with them, they just wilt and die.

Thanks

2. wf1992

wf1992 Member

I've heard spraying them with a 10-30% milk/water mix can help. By the time I tried it, my zucchini was quite far along. I gave up, so I'm afraid nothing conclusive here. I'll be trying that first thing next year tho!

3. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

Fixed copper spray, although a chemical, is pretty harmless and works well against mildew on cucumbers, squash, and melons.