Identification: What type of cactus is this?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by moxieweb, Dec 30, 2008.

1. moxieweb

moxieweb Member

My friend gave me this beautiful plant - an offshoot to her's which is at least 8 feet tall. We are trying to figure out what type of plant it is.. can anyone help? Tip: It has 3 sides to it. It's not a blue myrtle or cereus jamacaru.

Attached Files:

2. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Looks like a Euphorbia

3. moxieweb

moxieweb Member

I went and looked for the Euphorbia online and it does not look at all like my plant.. can you be more specific as there seems to be quite a variety of them? Thanks

4. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

5. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

Definitely E. trigona

6. moxieweb

moxieweb Member

Thank you! That's it for sure. I just noticed where the previous 2 posts are from, the UK and Austraila - isn't the internet grand?

7. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

Folk from all over the world use this forum. For years I said I never wanted a computer, ( especially not having child of 2 in the house, to teach us how to use it!) Now I am completely hooked. Isn't the internet just amazing!!!!

8. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

It's a great site. I like it for that reason, advice from all around the world and everyone is friendly and more than willing to help! Plus I get to see plants I normally wouldn't :}

9. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

For those of us who rarely go anywhere except to work and the grocery store, this forum is a stunning world tour. As Chungii said, one gets to see plants from everywhere! China, Ecuador (thank you lorax), Australia, and all over Europe, Canada, and the US, just a few. Another great thing is that these plants are being grown by the posters, who share invaluable first-hand knowledge. ---On a frigid winter day I can look at lovely pictures of gorgeous tropical plants, and feel cheered. On the occasions where I can answer a question or share my own experience, I am happy to know that I helped a plant live a better life: the knowledge I have gained from other forum members has helped my own to thrive, too.

UBC: Best Forum Everywhere!

10. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

Real easy plant to care for.....

Be careful if trimming, or cutting this plant. The white sap can irritate eyes and skin, best to wash hands after handling.

11. wild-rose-43

wild-rose-43 Active Member

To add to Bluewings information. If you do cut or damage the plant or it pokes itself (as mine does whenever I move it) just spray the damaged area with water. This stops the sap from 'bleeding'.