Do you have one of this ?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Ilovethisplant, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Ilovethisplant

Ilovethisplant Member

Click Do you like this plant and what is your opinion for it. Can you tell me more information about this plant?How many flies can eat? Thank you

2. rascaljade

rascaljade Member

There is lots of information on the web about Venus Fly traps. I have one in a little terrarium that I designed, and it's quite happy. Mine likes to be quite moist, and have lots of humidity, and it will eat anything that lands on it, but prefers one large fly a month or so. Also, when it is fed, if the bug is larger than the trap, and hangs out, the trap will die as the bug is digested. It needs to form a tight seal to keep the digestive enzymes trapped inside. HTH

3. Ilovethisplant

Ilovethisplant Member

Thanks

4. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

They also don't have to eat insects...the plant survives quite happily without them. Actually a common cause on Venus Fly traps is that their owners "force feed" them insects. I would just let nature take its course. If it catches insects, then good luck to it, if it doesn't don't panic. Keep the plant very moist. Naturally they grow in bogs in full sun.

Hope I helped

Ed

5. Ilovethisplant

Ilovethisplant Member

Thank you so much :)