Help Identifying Random Plant

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by NeverAgain, May 1, 2009.

1. NeverAgain

NeverAgain Member

[​IMG]

I don't know anything about plants, but I ended up with this little guy somehow. He was a tiny thing at first and started growing nicely for a while, but now it's dying. I haven't changed the location or watering, so I'm not sure why it's dying. I'd love to know what it's called so I can find out what this plant needs to thrive!

Please help, thanks!

2. Lila Pereszke

Lila Pereszke Well-Known Member 10 Years

Hi,
    it's a Sedum sp., (maybe a S. rubrotinctum)

3. NeverAgain

NeverAgain Member

Ah! That's totally it, Sedum rubrotinctum! It had more visible red tips a few months ago, but they're turning green now.

Thank you SO much!

4. Teddybear

Teddybear Member

Red tips may be an indication of higher light conditions and now conditions may be less light so therefore leaves are all green, light plays a big part on size and shape and color of leaves.

5. NeverAgain

NeverAgain Member

Ooooh, that is great information, thank you so much! That's exactly what it is, because it doesn't get much light where I have it now. Still, it's the brightest spot in the house! Our apt is right up against the street so we have black-out drapes on all the windows so that people walking by can't look in... Except in the bathroom, which doesn't face the street, so we put the plants int here and draw the blinds up whenever we're not using the room. Even though it doesn't face the street, it also doesn't face the sun very much at any point in the day... it's too bad I don't have a yard or anything..