Work-around for navigation problems

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by wcutler, Jul 26, 2011.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Bookmarks to the old domain name are still not working right now. Generally, once you get on, you can navigate around the forums, with some exceptions. Forums that were set up as special groups seem to have internal link translations that have not been changed. For instance, trying to get from the Neighbourhood Forums to the Ornamental Cherries forum and vice-versa is not working, in that it brings up an error message:
    Note that it's giving the old domain name, and that's what's showing in the URL line.

There's a way around that:
    After you get the error message, if you replace the domain name part of the url (ubcbotanicalgarden.org) with botanicalgarden.ubc.ca, then the navigation work.

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

As maf said in this thread, the bookmarks are working now, and the navigation between the problem forums is fine. Lightening fast, actually.

3. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Anyone have an inkling of a clue as to why I no longer have the Botany Photo of the Day displayed in my sidebar? When I click on it, I can view the full page as per usual...but when I am on the Forums page all I have is the scientific name and a tiny box with a red X inside it. And blankness. Not the visually pleasing embellishment to which I am used! Perhaps this lacuna is but a passing phase. (I hope.)

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I believe there's an error in the code for retrieving the photo. The part in bold appears to be extraneous.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The Photo of the Day issue is fixed (or will be, within the hour, when the image feed is checked for any changes). Unfortunately, I can't preview (test) the thumbnails easily when setting up the entries, and I sometimes make a mistake (particularly when trying to do entries in advance of a vacation).

6. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Thanks, Junglekeeper and Daniel. Glad to know that it's not just me!