Wilting Maple Tree

Discussion in 'Maples' started by mamaw, Jul 11, 2006.

1. mamaw

mamaw Member

Can a Maple tree, or any tree for that matter, be "brought back to life"? I recently bought two Flame Maple Amur Shrub/trees and have not been able to get in ground. They went without watering for a couple days and the leaves are whilting. I have watered container and sprayed leaves and branches well with water but wonder if they will "pull out of it". Help!?

2. Acer palmatum 'Crazy'

Acer palmatum 'Crazy' Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

Relax,
    Dont Panic. Maples can be quite resilient.
    Just try and avoid adding any more stress to them.

If in containers that are moveable, them out of afternoon sun. Apply even water. And avoid fertilizer til next spring.

Even if you loose all the leaves, dont panic. I have had Acer palmatums drop all leaves, and not leave out again til the following year.

A couple of days without water, while not great, propably will not kill them.

Mike
    Acer palamtum 'Crazy'

3. mamaw

mamaw Member

Thank you! What good news! I plan on planting tomorrow and it is raining today so they are getting some great fresh rain water and over cast day. I will plant and mulch and keep moderately watered for the rest of the hot summer and look forward to some great new leaves next year. Again, thank you for responding with favorable news.