White Bugs! What are they?!

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by Vix82, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Vix82

Vix82 Member

Can someone please tell me what these little white bugs are!

Since my husband built us our decking in the back garden it is covered in tiny white bugs, they are 1-2mm in size, no wings, 6 or 8 legs and they litterally dont move at all.
    You can sit out there and they just float down and land on you and still dont move, its like they are just dropping from the sky!
    I've been on google, read other posts on here about white bugs but they dont sound like the same ones, they all say they have wings, but not these ones, its as if they are completely lifeless.
    I'm intrigued?????

All posts welcome!

Thanks

2. mywan

mywan Active Member

It could be woolly aphids. Woolly aphids will look kind of fuzzy due to a waxy excretion used as protection from predators. They originate from a nearby host tree.
    http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/woollyaphid.htm

It could also possible be baby spiders, but I seriously doubt it because a spider brood wouldn't remain long. Baby spider have been see floating by miles out at sea. They are carried in the wind on strands of web from the egg sack.

3. Vix82

Vix82 Member

No they really aren't fuzzy as you can see its body clearly. There's thousands of them on the dcking every day but not one of them move and like I say they just drop and stay completely still. Strange