Where to purchase a plant press in Western Canada

Discussion in 'Plants: Nomenclature and Taxonomy' started by Eyerah, May 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Eyerah

Eyerah Active Member

Please forgive the somewhat off topic post, but I feel like this forum might be the best resource to find an answer to my question.

I am trying to purchase a good quality plant press along with the relevant appurtenances. I live in Lillooet, BC. Are there any local (i.e. Western Canadian) options?

Thank you very much, and sorry again for the off-topic post.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. Eyerah

Eyerah Active Member

Thank You @Junglekeeper I am looking for something high-quality like this one. But I am trying to save money. If I were to buy the one that I just linked to the cost would be $180

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Shop - UBC Herbarium - Beaty Biodiversity Museum - University of British Columbia

Not sure what it includes beyond the frames and straps, though -- maybe give them a call. You might be able to get some blotting paper and cardboards thrown in if you plan to collect for the UBC Herbarium by calling the Vascular Plants Collections Manager, Linda Jennings. A bunch of us are traveling through Lytton on the way to Botany BC on Thurs June 16 if that is convenient for you to meet and pick up--not sure if fuel costs to and from Lillooet would be cheaper than shipping costs.

chimera likes this.