Where to get PARC-Agassiz releases

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Carlin, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Carlin

Carlin Member

Hi just wondering if anyone knows where to get PARC-Agassiz releases of strawberries(ie.nisgaa, stolo)and raspberries (ie.squamish,chemainus). Called PARC up but they couldn't seem to help with non-commercial growers. Thanks in advance for any info would be nice to be able to get locally developed plants at our local nurseries!

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. Carlin

Carlin Member

I've emailed the bc strawberry growers association and the raspberry council of bc to see what they have to say. I was also told to try Kano's nursery in abby (i've called but couldn't get through to the right person and they haven't returned my call yet). Will let you guys know how it pans out

4. Carlin

Carlin Member

update, got squamish raspberry at lecoteau, theyalso have shuksan strawberry...would still really like to find a source for saanich rasberry (thornless&productive/disease resistant mid season) as far as i've seen only summerland varieties has it in BC and they are wholesale supplier (former summerland parc)