Where are U ''~

Discussion in 'Maples' started by richardbeasley@comcast.net, Apr 20, 2008.

1. richardbeasley@comcast.net

richardbeasley@comcast.net Active Member Maple Society

It would be more helpful if we knew the location within the principality, province or state that is being referred to when posting a comment or statement, or in other words what is your hardness Zone number and or letter. I live in Virginia and it goes from a Zone 8b to a Zone 5a, that's like saying I live somewhere between Georgia and Michigan. Finding the correct Zone is not always easy. The only way to see the hardness zones in this state is to go to the Virginia Dept. of Agriculture and request a state wide hardness zone map. However if you are in the USA you can use the link below to find your zone by using your zip code: my zip codes are 23219 and 23233 which are only five miles apart, yet they are hundreds of miles apart in Zones miles, so try this Arbor Day Zone wizard, and tell me if they are selling any of those rare Norway maples : http://www.arborday.org/treeinfo/zonelookup.cfmI The map you see below is only to be used for throwing darts, it is not for looking up your hardness Zones. ushzm1a.jpg