What's wrong with my Improved Meyer?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Dirtdiglord, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Dirtdiglord

Dirtdiglord New Member

Hi,

I live in Vancouver, BC Canada and I had purchased this Improved Meyer Lemon Tree in a 5 gallon pot. I recently repotted it to a larger pot and moved it indoors to a Southeast facing window.

Some leaves started to turn yellow. Can anyone tell me if this is the results of transplanting, overwatering, or a deficiency?

I used a mix of 2 Parts Farm Fox Ocean Forest, 1 Part Pumice, 1 Part Sphagnum Peat Moss and 1 Part Large Perlite.

Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

What you're seeing may be normal leaf senescence (aging), perhaps prematurely triggered by the tree's recent transplant. It appears from the photo that the affected leaves are the lower and thus relatively older ones on the trees. I wouldn't worry if the other leaves look healthy. It's probably not moisture related since you have taken the trouble to amend the medium to make it more porous and so must be aware of the danger of an overly moist medium.

3. Dirtdiglord

Dirtdiglord New Member

Thank you for your reply @Junglekeeper . I really hope that is the case. It is my first year with this plant and the fruits are growing out nicely. I would hate for them to fall off.