What is going on with Echeveria Multicaulus

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by BBunker, Dec 1, 2006.

1. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

I have what I think is an Echeveria Multicaulus and it is growing really tall. Is this how this plant grows, or is going to bloom, or is it not getting enough light?
    The first picture was taken back in September when I first brought it home and the other pictures were taken last week.

Attached Files:

2. Nandan Kalbag

Nandan Kalbag Active Member

It is a flowering stalk. The plant seems to get enough light.

3. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

That is such cool news. I've had a couple of my other succulents flower and I get such joy out of watching the flowering progress. I hadn't found any pictures on-line of this plant flowering so I wasn't sure what was going on with it, now I know, thanks to you.

4. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

5. Rosemarie

Rosemarie Active Member

6. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

You are right, I did mis-spell Multicaulis. I've got it spelled correctly on all the photos I have taken of my plant on my computer and and on all the photos I have found on-line. I guess I mis-typed.

The pictures of the flowers on the Echeveria Multicaulis you posted links to are so beautiful. I can't wait for my plant to start the show. When I went out to check-out my plants this morning, I think I saw a little bit of reddish orange showing in a couple of places near the top of one of the stalks. Going to be cool. I'll post pictures as it does it's thing. Can't wait!!

7. BBunker

BBunker Active Member

Here's an undate a week later on my flowering Echeveria. Exciting! My husband gettings excited about playing golf, so I can get excited about my succulents blooming.

Attached Files: