What is ailing my Meyer lemon tree?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Sana, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Sana

Sana New Member

I purchased a potted Meyer lemon tree two months ago from Home Depot, Toronto. The tree had no health issues until a fortnight ago, Now, its leaves have developed light patches, some lower ones have turned brown on edges and fallen off. Over watering doesn't seem to be the case. I did put half a spike of citrus fertilizer in the pot 2 weeks ago. I also noticed a few baby spiders on the tree when it was sitting outside( not the red spider mites) which I removed and there haven't been any more since then. I don't see any other signs of insect infestation on the leaves. I am attaching a few pictures of the leaves to give you a better idea. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Will B

Will B Active Member

I don't recognize what it might be from those two photos. You might want to check other leaves and use the citrus disease tool: Image Gallery | Citrus Diseases

3. Sana

Sana New Member

I checked the gallery and could find nothing resembling this. The leaves are now turning brown on edges and falling off. Some branches are almost bare. Should I consider re-potting with fresh soil? Adding another picture here.

Attached Files:

4. Arlette

Arlette Active Member

I'm sorry but I can't make out well. Could you tell me what are these white spots on a branch?
    cocciniglia.jpg cocci limone.PNG

5. Arlette

Arlette Active Member

Do you happen to recognize something like this in those light brown specks? afi2.PNG Dettaglio-afide-della-rosa (2).jpg
    limoni.jpg

6. Sana

Sana New Member

No, there are no.insects of any sort on the leaves or stem. The brown portion is just dried out mostly around the edges of the leaves.