What Flower is this, and what disease?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by strut526, Jul 1, 2010.

1. strut526

strut526 Member

While at my cousins home, she showed me this plant, didn't know what it was,it was not blooming yet..or what could be causing the leaves to look like this.
    Thanks, Kim in southeast Michigan

Attached Files:

2. Fen Sandar

Fen Sandar Active Member

Bug infestation of some sort? I found this which might be helpful with explain what is going on. My best guess would be leaf miners, but I am most likely wrong. I believe you can check by looking for silvery trails inside the damaged areas when you hold the leaf up to the light? Hopefully some kind soul will come in and give you the correct information if I am wrong after seeing my post.

Without a picture of the whole plant, most people probably won't respond quickly to this one because it is harder to be certain what type of plant it is. Could you get a picture of the whole plant? It really helps to be able to see how it looks along with how the leaves look when they are healthy (if you can find any to take pictures of on the bush - not necessary to pull them off of it).

3. strut526

strut526 Member

ok, when i am over there i will take a picture of the whole plant. she said she got it in shipshawana (sp?)a few years back, and it blooms pink. it looks sort of bushy. i did not notice any silvery tracks on it..i know what they look like, because that very thing you are referring to, has gotten a hold of my joe pye weed plants..