Weeping Charlie right on. I will keep it and encourage it

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Durgan, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

30 June 2021 Unknown Plant. (Require Name)
    Posted on June 30, 2021 by Durgan
    https://durgan.org/2021/June 2021/30 June 2021 Unknown Plant/HTML/ 30 June 2021 Unknown Plant
    This plant has almost complexly covered the front lawn. There is almost no sign of the previous grass. I have a dislike for grass and this at first look is a fine replacement. I need the name for the product. This has appeared over the last few years from where I do not know.
    [​IMG]

30 June 2021 More Pictures
    Posted on June 30, 2021 by Durgan
    https://durgan.org/2021/June 2021/30 June 2021 More Pictures/HTML/ 30 June 2021 More Pictures
    [​IMG]

togata57 likes this.
  2. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

I just walked across my lawn (grass cut short) in my bare feet. It felt so soft and cool and tickly - almost like a foot massage. Maybe Creeping Charlie feels as good but I wouldn't count on it.

3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Hi Durgan, my thoughts are of Lawn pennywort, Hydrocotyle sibthorpiodes.

4. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

I applaud your choice, Durgan. You like Charlie; he clearly likes you. He thrives; you are pleased. Excellent!

Some folks dislike blue violets that invite themselves into lawns and beds. I find them beautiful and cheering. In spring, they cover half my front lawn with a swath of color: they would be welcome to have it all!

Today I admired my magnificent Verbascum, which has chosen to grow next to my backyard fence. In full bloom and over 6 feet tall. Lovely velvety leaves.
    A weed? Not to me.

May you and Charlie live long and prosper!