weak unknown

Discussion in 'Orchidaceae (orchids)' started by acphm, Aug 30, 2006.

1. acphm

acphm Member

I bought an unknown flowerless orchid 2 months ago. It has 2 'old' bulbs and 1 current bulb with 2 new growths. Each bulb is a ridged, narrow, flat oval; they're of increasing height, with the new growth being tallest. My problem, aside from not knowing its identity, is that it seems weak. The leaves are a nice dark green but seem limp and lifeless. New roots are growing from the 2 new growths and they seem healthy. I don't know what to do, if anything. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. terrestrial_man

terrestrial_man Active Member 10 Years

Here is some advice:
    1. Need to id the plant.
    Go to google and click on the image button and then type in orchids in the search window. You will see all kinds of images and maybe one is close to what your plant looks like. Click on those images that are similar to yours in the hopes you will find a match or something that seems close enough. OR
    Find someone in your area that grows orchids and show them your plant!

2. Care for the plant. I am presuming that you already grow orchids??? If not then you need to at the least give it basic care.
    Again google and post in the search window "how to grow orchids" and then check out as many of the links that seem of interest to you. I would recommend printing out any pages that look of importance, use landscape format in your print out.

3. acphm

acphm Member

Thanks for the advice. It's a good starting point.