British Columbia: Volunteer Butterfly Rangers wanted

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Workshops and Events' started by wcutler, Feb 10, 2020.

1. wcutler

wcutler Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

From the Vancouver Sun, Monday, February 10, 2020:
    Butterfly Rangers wanted: Year 4 begins for eight-month project to help nature's pollinators

Mekira likes this.
  2. Mekira

Mekira New Member

Hi
    Do they still run this program? Other day I saw monarch butterfly in my backyard and I also see other types, unaware of their names. I have also planted variety of plants that helped humming birds,bees to visit/stayin the garden for longer periods. Humming birds and myself have lots of playful sessions in the afternoons.
    I must admit that that the plants butterflies are attracted to are heavily priced. I paid $12 just for a small plant tuberosa.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Esteemed Contributor UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Mekira likes this.
  4. Mekira

Mekira New Member

Hi Daniel and WCutler
    Thank you very much for the follow up. I have received a reply from David Suzuki foundation regarding ranger training for 2021.
    She also mentioned ,I must have sighted painted lady and not the monarch butterfly .
    Meanwhile for the butterfly protection enthusiasts ,the flowing link from their website may help to identify many types and record our observations.
    The BIMBY (Butterflies In My Backyard) Project · iNaturalist

wcutler likes this.