Venus flytraps in Canada?

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Mistertree, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Mistertree

Mistertree New Member

Ive spent countless hours trying to track down a venus flytrap B-52 or DCXL.
    Ive come to the conclusion that Canada is sadly lacking.
    Sorry but im cranky lol ive been obsessed with plants my whole life... But every plant I want you can find anywhere in the USA. Canada on the other hand seems to have zip...

I suspect there are plants out there, most likely in private collections (thats how I tend to find them)

So im wondering... Does anyone here happen to know a reliable source for B-52 or DCXL traps in Canada or perhaps have some you may be willing to part with?

My other thought is "why" is there nothing available in Canada? I know import costs and regs are an issue but... If theres a market, why doesnt someone import? Seems like it would be worth the trouble.

Thanks.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Contributor 10 Years

Mistertree likes this.
  3. Mistertree

Mistertree New Member

Thank you very much!

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Contributor 10 Years

You may also want to monitor Pop's Predatory Plants as a potential source. The most recent comment on Facebook says the business has been taken over but I'm not sure that's the case as they were still selling plants out here in Vancouver around the time it was posted. I believe they're actually based in Nova Scotia and not British Columbia.

Mistertree likes this.