Van Bloems in Delta?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by bijjy, Feb 5, 2010.

1. bijjy

bijjy Active Member

I heard that the 'best supplier of bare root plants' in the Vancouver area is Van Bloems in Delta.. but when I google the name I can't find anything.

Anybody know of this place?

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Wonder if it's a mistake for a retailer who was buying from Van Bloem Gardens, a wholesale company from outside the area, and had some of their promotional materials on display at their shop. You can Google "nurseries delta british columbia" to see who is there.

BCNLA membership search via their web site brought up no results for "van bloem".

3. bijjy

bijjy Active Member

That's strange. I got the name of the company from a gardener who works and teaches a course at Van Dusen. Maybe I wrote down the spelling of the name wrong. Anyway, he said that you need to buy a minimum of 30, but that they cost only $3 each rather than $15 each when you do so.

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

>he said that you need to buy a minimum of 30, but that they cost only $3 each rather than $15 each when you do so<

Which points to it being a wholesale company such as Van Bloem Gardens. See their web site. The have a location in Oregon, maybe they recently added one in the Vancouver area. It might, I suppose, consist primarily of an agent (salesman), rather than a storefront.