Unknown possibly diseased succulent/cacti?

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Donkeytail2, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Donkeytail2

Donkeytail2 New Member

I bought this succulent about a week ago I noticed the black/ brown spots around the leaves when I purchased it but assumed that it was possibly overwatered and or that I could just save it but now it seems to be some kind of infection from what I can tell but I'm unsure. I'm trying to find more information but I don't know what type of succulent it is! If anyone knows anything I would really appreciate any information. I shall attach photos below.

Attached Files:

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I'm seeing suggestions that it could be bugs. You could cover the soil with plastic or foil and then dunk it upside down in a sinkful of water and try to wipe down all the leaf surfaces. Then see if you can see any bugs in the water. With a plant that small, you could kill every aphid or whitefly when you see one. Or do the dunking thing every three days for two weeks.

Make sure you don't water it until it looks dry AND it feels very light. Then water it well, make sure it feels heavy but don't let water sit in its tray. Wait again to water it until it feels light.