Identification: type of mushroom

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by ginnyd7, Oct 20, 2016.

  1. ginnyd7

    ginnyd7 Member

    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Portland,OR
    Can anyone tell me if this is poisonous.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Frog

    Frog Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

    Messages:
    2,248
    Likes Received:
    283
    Location:
    B.C., Canada
    Cap colour, spore colour and habitat suggest this is Leratiomyces ceres. It appears to be non-native to B.C., not sure about Oregon. I don't know if it is poisonous or not, but if it is I doubt it is *very* poisonous otherwise we would have had reports on this.
    cheers,
    frog
     
  3. ginnyd7

    ginnyd7 Member

    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Portland,OR
    Thank you, Frog. I do believe you are right and that they were present in the wood chips I use. It says that the taste is mild, the odor mild and the edibility poisonous. I probably should pull these in case the dogs get inspired to try them. They may not do too much harm to a human but they could kill a nine pound dog.
     

Share This Page