Twombly's red sentinel japanese maple photo request

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Greencat, Sep 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Greencat

Greencat New Member

Hello! I just joined because this forum because I see a lot of members posting their unique photos of what they are growing and their experiences.

If you own a Twombly red sentinel Japanese maple, I love to see a photo of it.

If you have a before and after pic showing growth and if you've done any pruning. Any diseases, challenges that I should look out for? Can it take a good amount of shade?

I saw a healthy, nice sized Twombly Red Sentinel in a garden center but it was $400 so I ordered a smaller one from Conifer Kingdom today. Online the foliage usually shows a variety of reds but in person, at this time of year at least, it was almost black except for a few top branches growth tips were bright red.

Curious for any comments on individual experience with this tree and photos. Thanks!

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Greencat good morning and welcome to the Maples forum. Here are a few photos of my Twombleys red sentinel or Red sentinal. Mine is in morning sun until 2pm then partial shade, it is only 4 years old so still quite small.
    It is a maple that looks after itself very well IMO. I have no concerns at all with this cultivar.
    It does have a mixture of reds and greens throughout the season with a full red in the Autumn.
    The last photo shows how it looked when I received it.

Attached Files:

3. Greencat

Greencat New Member

Thanks for the photos, Acerholic. I'm glad it's doing well for you. The mixture of color is nice. I wish I'd taken a photo at the store. If I see it again, I'll be sure to take a photo too.

4. AlainK

AlainK Generous Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Must be because of miss spelling, but not really detrimentel to prauper identiphication. LOL

Ken Hamilton likes this.
  5. Acerholic

Acerholic Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Lol !!!