Tulips

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by Durgan, May 3, 2008.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

http://thaecha.notlong.com 3 May 2008 Tulips.

It rained today and the tulips are almost in full bloom. Therte are few more in another bed that is not in bloom yet. It has been cool and cloudy so the tulips are a bit slow this year.

2. Durgan

Due to spring conditions this has been a superb year for tulips in our garden.

Attached Files:

3. Durgan

http://oodesh.notlong.com 20 May 2008 Tulips still blooming due to cold weather.

This year is truly astonishing for tulips.

4. bullseye

bullseye Active Member

Stupid question....will tulips and other spring bulbs re-emerge again next spring, or do you have to plant new ones?

5. Bullseye
    Most gardeners will suggest that you dig up the bulbs and let them rest before replanting in the fall. My experience has been to let the bulbs stay in the ground and naturalize. With well conditioned soil the bulbs have returned every Spring.

6. Durgan

I leave tulips, daffodils, alium (oinion bulb), crocus, lily, dracunculus vulgaris, iris in their own beds all year around. They multiply and are more splendid each succeeding year. Zone 5B.

7. bullseye

bullseye Active Member

Thanks for that fellas. Durgan, we are in the same zone and area. That for the loofah sponge again :-)

Any idea when the city will be topping up the wood chip?

8. Durgan

I was at the Park the day before yesterday amd the bin was empty. This is the first time it has been empty when I wanted chips. If I need more urgently, I will buy them, since I can carry half a yard in the box in my van. There is a new place on King George Road towards Cambridge, about a mile from Governors Road on the left. I picked up a quarter of a yard of sand yesterday, and noticed that they had different types of wood chips.

9. bullseye

bullseye Active Member

I know the place you are talking about, I'll check it out over the weekend. I had to pick up a bag for emergency purposes this evening from Nichols