Trimming Root Systems Not Recommended!

Discussion in 'The Test Bed' started by Gypzi, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Hi,
    Have you thought of getting really creative with your landscaping, and instead of putting your picnic table on the part of your yard that is grass (which can easily be trampled if NOT landscaped, AND needs to be mowed), you put it in the part of your lawn that is covered with roots which will be less harmed by the tread of feet rather than a really sharp axe.

I say this because of climate change and it's effect on Maritime Weather, as in, weather that takes place on and around oceans and ocean currents. As we know, much of what we would call "inclimate weather" is simply very extreme reactions between hot and cold currents, that "stir up" the wind and rain/snow. The former is the movement of these currents and the latter is usually refered to by weather people as precipitation. Precipitation and the form it takes is also about the temperature of air. Again Hot and Cold. While this is a long "winded" explaination, I believe it is worth mention, because Climate Change is affecting weather and causing more violent weather than our environments (the neighbourhouds or regions where we make our homes) were accumtomed to in the past.

So save your roots! For the sake of your house! For your life! If you cut into the roots the tree might fall in a big wind! That would be a disaster, I can assure you.

So why not put a little effort into the planning of your yard now, for the sake of acutally having a yard in the future.

~Gypzi

p.s. I'm also all for "saving the trees", so if anyone's reading this who's offended that I didn't mention the health of the tree v.s. the house of a human having been built in a forest of these trees... I didn't overlook this, I just chose to keep this as brief as I could. Lol! ;)

pp.s. Marn! I am totally serious about the saftey of your home and loved ones if you cut at the trees roots, and spruce trees keep roots that are more shallow than, say, oak trees. If you've already hacked at them, but it has only been a short while, maybe try to encourage root growth in the areas that keep the tree well balanced, perhaps with some fertilizer and TLC.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Was this intended for a different thread? This is a test area -- no one (other than admins) can reply to your threads...

3. This was just a draft. A well composed, well formated and well thought out draft.
    Thanks for checking though.
    I love this site.