British Columbia: Trees and shrubs of Stanley Park: an index

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by wcutler, Jun 7, 2010.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

The Natural History of Stanley Park, a 66-page booklet copyrighted by the Vancouver Natural History Society and printed by Discovery Press in 1988, (now has a label from Gordon Soules Book Publishers Ltd) has a chapter called "The Trees and Shrubs of Stanley Park: English Bay to Lost Lagoon". This chapter has a map of the Lost Lagoon/English Bay area with locations numbered 1-59 and a listing of all the trees and shrubs in that area (as of 1988) sorted by Family and Genus giving a location reference to the map.

I was finding it difficult to find all the candidates in the area for trees I wanted to identify, so I've sorted this listing by map location and I've attached it here as a pdf file for anyone else who would find it useful. I've probably introduced some errors, as scanning to OCR is not all that accurate and I don't recognize all the names and did not do publishing-quality proof-reading. If you happen to see errors, I'd appreciate knowing so I can correct them.

I did indicate one tree I was pretty sure was missing, but otherwise have not updated the list with either removed trees or new trees.

Attached Files: