Transplanting my Quince Tree

Discussion in 'Woody Plants' started by Jaxiom, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Jaxiom

Jaxiom Member

Hi, I've looked in the faq's for any info on transplanting quinces, but there isn't much on transplanting them.
    OK, here's the problem, I'm moving and I'd dearly love to take my tree with me. It is about 5 ft. tall, the base at ground level may be about 2 to 3 feet in diameter, at the moment it is flowering and I'm not sure how old it is.
    Can anyone tell me if it's even possible to transplant, and if it is, how to go about doing so? Please?
    I would also like to take some of my roses with me, and I just potted a 72 year old "7 Sisters" rosebush. It is just starting to leaf out, and I didn't do anything but place it into a large pot with the dirt that it had been growing in. Is there anything else I can do to ensure that it will be ok?
    Thank you for any help.

2. Atree

Atree Member

Hi Jaxiom,
    I have just joined UBC. I was wondering how you went with transplanting you rQuince?
    Noticed it was back in April 2008. So how did you go?
    Regards,
    Atree.

3. Tahoma Guy

Tahoma Guy Member

Cut branches about 1" in dia. and dip in root tone. Simply stick them into the ground. Even with no root system at all, they will grow and send off many side shoots.