Too wet Pothos

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Maggie McHugh, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Maggie McHugh

Maggie McHugh New Member

Hi, my pothos has some droopy leaves and I think it's because the soil is staying too wet but I'm not sure why it's staying wet for so long. I don't water it very often, I wait until the soil dries out to water it again, but the soil stays pretty soaked for like a week or two sometimes three after I water. It's in a terra cotta pot with a drainage hole. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Welcome to the forums! Can you reply with some photos? Attach photos and files
    How old is this plant? How long have the leaves been droopy? Did you pot it yourself? From a cutting, or from a smaller-size pot? I am thinking it might be in soil that does not have enough drainage, so the water just sits there and the roots are unable to breathe. Or maybe the pot is too big for the plant?

3. Maggie McHugh

Maggie McHugh New Member

Here are some pictures, let me know if they don't show up properly. I got it about two months ago and it started having a droopy vine maybe two weeks after I got it, so I put it in a sunnier spot which seemed to help for a while but then it got droopy again. I've recently set up a lamp near it but I don't think it's helping. I repotted it myself from a plastic pot that was maybe a little smaller but pretty close to the same size. Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

What kind of soil mix did you use?

5. Maggie McHugh

Maggie McHugh New Member

Just regular potting soil.