Tissue culture tomatoes, potatoes, cycads

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by makayoung, Aug 15, 2004.

1. makayoung

makayoung Member

Does anyone have some information/protocols on tissue culturing tomatoes, potatoes and cycads. There seem to be very few information on them. Any articles would help greatly. Thanx. rlee@science,uct.ac.za

2. Mobini

Mobini Member

Would Please Help me?

Dear Dr :Thanx

I would like to get some detailed and exact information about micro- tubers production, and its limiting growth factors. I am also planning to perform a study on the different N-sources & value on three potato varieties (Agria, Marfona & Milova) in hydroponics’ system.
    Please advise me on the best suitable system and optimum nutrients solution for this purpose.
    Sincerely
    Saeid Mobini

3. Dear Sir
    How is it going?
    I hope you all the best in your careers, an Iranian student
    at Wageningen University Netherlands has been doing on this Subject
    specially tissue culture (potato)
    you can contact with him through Plant science group

Best Regards
    Ali, Sattarian

4. I needed some information on tomato plants, this is basically the steps done for the tissue culturing of tomato plants.

5. AnotherAlterEgo

AnotherAlterEgo Active Member

There is an excellent book on the subject called: Tomato Plant Culture, by J. Benton Jones. The ISBN number is 0-8493-2025-9.

The book is priced in the $95 range, but is well worth the money to someone who has an interest in tissue culture, nutrition, etc.