Tiny White Worms - What are they?

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by amjone, Jul 9, 2009.

1. amjone

amjone Member

My husband, recently planted green bell pepper seeds in soil mixed with ground up carbon (he used a coconut shell to plant them in) - the seedlings have sprouted. However, today he checked them and noticed lots and lots of tiny white thin worms in the soil. He stirred up the soil a bit and found even more. Anyone know what they are? Are they harmful? What can we do to get rid of them or should we keep them happy and let them continue doing whatever it is they do? I have uploaded a pic (hopefully i did it right) for viewing.

Attached Files:

2. amjone

amjone Member

I think I may have discovered what these are Enchytraeus (White Worms). If this is in fact what we this plant has then great, but I still don't see how I need to get rid of them...I've only found info on culturing them and then use them as fish food....not what I had planned.

Anyone have any info on this - getting rid of them (I don't even know how they got into the plant soil).

Itsme likes this.