The Secret of Vancouver's Urban Forest

Discussion in 'Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival' started by wcutler, Mar 21, 2019.

1. wcutler

wcutler Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

This is an article written by a commercial travel and tour company, but I think it's nicely done, has a featured photo that really shows cherry blossoms, and talks a lot about the Cherry Scouts, so I'm happy to post this link. And thanks to @Willard for talking to the author.
    The secret of Vancouver’s urban forest

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Contributor 10 Years

Yes, but I believe the article is incorrect in recommending West 22nd Ave. as a location to see cherry blossoms. While the blossoms are indeed impressive, they are but plum blossoms. This is the case at least towards the Arbutus end of the street.

3. wcutler

I was wondering that too but had not got around to making sure, so thanks for mentioning that. I've written to the author to see if she can indicate that or pick another location.

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Contributor 10 Years

It's confirmed. Made a quick tour today. That stretch of West 22 Ave. is lined on both sides by plum trees.

5. wcutler

Thanks, I passed it today too, but it was clear anyway on Google Maps that they're plums. The author replied that she would change something.