The flowers I need ID for today are :o)

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Mike Montalvo, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Mike Montalvo

Mike Montalvo Member

First off I'd like to say thank you, I have been getting such quick responses.

These are another 3 from my collection that I do not know the names of.
    Thank you very much

Oh by the way just in case I deleted the attachments of the other flowers I asked names for in oder to upload these, so in case you wanted to see them you can find my pictures at http://mikes-space73.spaces.msn.com

Once again, Thank you
    Mike :o)

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Mike, if you delete the attachments, I'll have to delete the threads, because they are no longer of interest to anyone else as a way to learn.

3. Mike Montalvo

Mike Montalvo Member

I understand. In that case I guess I will leave these longer so people have the chance to see them before it gets deleted. Thank you for letting me know :o)

Mike

4. paion

paion Active Member 10 Years

Pink, peony and foxglove (Dianthus deltoides or D. x allwoodii, Paeonia lactiflora cultivar and Digitalis purpurea cv. or hybrid)

5. Mike Montalvo

Mike Montalvo Member

Thank you very much, I made some research on these names you gave me for extra info and I didn't know that Foxglove is poisonous, I took pictures of a bumblebee that seemed very tired and had problems flying, he was busy getting in to these flowers, do the toxins also come out in the flower itslef and the pollen and do you think the bee was affected by this? or the the toxins are only on the leafs?

Here are some of the pictures of the bee on a Foxglove flower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see he was having problems getting in and was flying sideways too LOL

Thanx
    Mike :o)

6. Mike Montalvo

Mike Montalvo Member

Daniel I will go back to my post and edit the post to include links to the pictures that way you don't have to delete the threads and others can learn :o)

I just got the idea LOL

Mike