Suspect Ebay Scam

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by krystle, Jan 3, 2008.

1. krystle

krystle Member

I read with interest the comments about Ladybotany. There are suspicions that the same person, from Turkey, is at it again, this time under the name of 5eeds. Salvias seem to be the main interest, though many other plants also. Coincidentally, what appears to be a Shill Bid seems to have come from Aruba......isn't this where the feedbacks came from for Ladybotany? The seller's surname is still Tufan....but a different forename.

2. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

You may well be correct 5eeds (that is not "seeds", but the number 5 followed by "eeds") appears to be using the same selling format as Ladybotany. eBay finally pulled the plug once people began to complain of not receiving what they had paid for. This one bears watching. I'd suggest you post this under the general heading rather than just aroids. So far, I can't find where the seller is selling any aroid seeds but I'll pass the word along to some of the major sellers.

This is the eBay link to all the supposed "seeds" being offered by this seller:
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ5eeds

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  3. krystle

krystle Member

Thanks for that, I hope I have re-posted to the correct place.

4. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

It appears eBay is working a little faster on this one! The seller 5eeds is no longer a registered user on eBay!