Identification: Succulent

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by AglaonemaAddict, Aug 27, 2007.

1. AglaonemaAddict

AglaonemaAddict Active Member

l purchased this succulent at a local greenhouse. It wasn't labeled. I believe it is a Euphorbia. I thought perhaps it may be E. Buruana, but the patterns don't look the same. I've had it for a couple of years and would like to know what it is.
    I have attached a close up picture in case it will help with identification. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Does it get actual leaves coming out between the spikes like a E. trigona aka African Milk Tree?? The dark and light green pattern look similar.

Ed

3. AglaonemaAddict

I've posted another pic of the full plant. Sorry for the bad photo, but I was shooting from a tough angle. It has never grown any leaves, doesn't mean it won't, but it hasn't. I had to move it under the tree because the morning sun was burning it. When I look at it, doesn't feel the same as my trigona. My trigona grows more upright. I would place it closer to the feel of my lactea white ghost (going from memory, will check later). Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. AglaonemaAddict

Went out to get some new photos of Succulent? Wow, it really likes being under this tree, as it is sprouting new arms. It gets bright, filtered sunlight under that tree. Here are some current photos, showing close ups, top, side view. Hope the pictures help. Thanks

Attached Files:

5. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

AA....my trigona doesn't have leaves coming out of it anymore, for what reason I don't know?? Just looked similar...I will be interested if someone could definitely ID this

Ed

6. AglaonemaAddict

Yeah, I certainly hope to find out what this is. It has finally begun growning and showing it's beautiful markings. I found this at a greenhouse, who sold rooted cuttings. Small, family owned business, and they couldn't answer what it was other than a cactus. Looks more like a succulent to me, but could be wrong. My trigona only gets leaves in the summer. Halfway through winter, they fall off but always come back. Thanks!

7. globalist1789

globalist1789 Active Member

The leaves are a function of how much light the plant gets. Grow it outside in the warm months and you will have leaves for sure.

Michael

8. Bambi

Bambi Active Member

Euphorbia pseudocactus?

9. AglaonemaAddict

E. Pseudocactus? Possible, but growth form doesn't quite look the same. I even thought it may be Euphorbia Enormis. The markings are very close to enormis, but my plant doesn't twist like enormis. It may with age, just doesn't yet. Thanks.