British Columbia: Spring Swap - Greater Vancouver Area

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwest Plant Swaps and Meetups' started by heather2, Mar 9, 2006.

1. heather2

heather2 Member

What a great way to spend the day! Thank you to all who came and brought such a HUGE selection of wonderful plants - and all those who gave me so many new treasures! If only you had stayed to help me plant them all! I'm looking forward to the fall swap as well (Cecelia!), and to seeing some of you in the summer searching out new and exotic places to buy even more plants.
    I won't be at the Van Dusen Sale, but I'm sure I'll see some of you at UBC on May 14th - apparently they will have a large selection of native plants this year as well.

Heather

2. Magua

Magua Member

Thanks for the hosting the swap, Heather, it was nice to meet you at last (missed you last swap, alas), and thanks for all the munchies and the great time, even though I couldn't come earlier. :)

As for the van Dusen sale, HAND!!! I'm glad we moved to a place due South of van Dusen. ;) Alas, I couldn't go to the garden centre crawl either, as I had a party to go to at 6:30, and I knew the bridge traffic was going to be murder (saw it on the way up). Plus, I don't think I would be able to resist more goodies, and I promised my wife I would return with fewer plants than I went out with, so it's all about "plausible deniability", you know. ;) (As in, "No, dear, I didn't bring home more plants. The containers of the plants I got are just bigger..." ;)

Lily: Will report about the rudbeckias. And the tiny size of my "garden", of course, has no effect on me wanting to start them up. ;)

3. barvinok

barvinok Active Member

Thank you Heather for hosting the swap and thanks to everybody for lots of new plants and for the GREAT DAY!

Special thank you for roses and dahlias from my friend Irina, she planted them last night.

HAND for Van Dusen!

At Dykhoff picked up primula hirsuta 'diane'-wonderful plant for rock garden, hope will have seeds.

4. Helen Leung

Helen Leung Active Member 10 Years

Again, thank you Heather for hosting the swap. Your place is really lovely. Can't wait to see everyone again in the Fall.

HAND for vanDusen plant sale.

Karin: Oops! I forgot the snowdrops. I hope you don't mind holding on to them until fall, unless you live in Vancouver, maybe I can drop by your place? Please email me at garden_guru@shaw.ca if possible.

Thanks everyone!!!

Helen

5. westcoastgarden

westcoastgarden Active Member

I'll echo Lily's comments to others reading this thread.

We are a giant (friendly) gardening snowball, rolling along, happily picking everybody and everything(plant) up on our way.

The only catch is that once you get caught up in this, you will not be able to break away ;-) (even when you have five or six hundred plants in pots and no real idea where to plant them.....ahem)

Katherine

6. tiger_lily

tiger_lily Active Member 10 Years

JJ - I can't remember if you took any yellow climbing rose cuttings in the end, but here is what my friend LilyY says about the fragrance : "We seem to remember that the yellow roses are a little fragrant, but not very strong, quite pleasant, not overpowering."