Identification: spade shaped leaves

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by evanmanalang, Jul 29, 2011.

1. evanmanalang

evanmanalang Member

The "spade-shaped" plant is similar to the arrowhead vine as to the stem and the manner it creeps. It is similar to the pothos in some ways - the leaves are light green to yellow green, but never dark green, and thinner than pothos leaves. It is much like the leaves of the arrowhead in texture. It is propagated by cuttings and one thing, the size of the leaves and its color never change through the years its in my old garden. Here, it is normally grown in pots with a pole for it to hold on and climb or planted in a large dish with other plants ( terrarium ). I will try my best to help identify the plant as its precisely the reason why i got into your webpage.

2. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

Kamusta ho from Washington State and welcome to the forum.
    Are you sure it is not an arrowhead vine? The are several varieties, each a bit different. A picture would really help to identify.
    Salamat. barb

3. evanmanalang

evanmanalang Member

Hello! No, i am pretty sure its not the arrow head. Having it once in my old garden for 3-4 years, there was no change in the leaf size nor in its color. It is yellow green or light green, but never become to be the normal dark green, and the holes or fenestrations were just within the leaf - between the midrib or mid-vein and the leaf blade or edge of the leaf. It is far from the diliciosa where the holes cut pass the edge of the leaves. I can recall the vendor said its called "eyelet" but of course i cannot ascertain this.If you have a facebook account, i have posted one there.Also, leaf color is close to the neon pothos, sa atin we call the pothos water plant, di ba? It is not easily found in local plant shops here but i will surely find one so i can post a picture of it. One more thing, this plant can be used in terrariums with the arrowhead and the pothos and episcia, etc, or hanged in a basket, put in pots or big pots with poles so it can make for a very nice indoor or corner plant.