SOTW: Poisoned Trees

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by Daniel Mosquin, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Inspired by this news of poisoned trees in Vancouver, I wonder if anyone has stories to share about their experiences or encounters?

I think it's horrible and unnecessary, but I've yet to witness or encounter it first-hand.

2. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

One time in my life I would ask what was used. I didn't know a tree could be killed easily. There is no indication in the story about the time taken. One application I doubt? The story is incomplete.
    Durgan

3. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

Through the grapevine I have heard that it is suspected to be a US product as the blend of chemicals found in the tissue was not a blend made or sold in Canada. No allusion as to what was the ingredients though.

4. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Any chance of catching the culprit and taking them to court?

5. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

There has been a case that went to court but its hard to find details as to the results. a person in Vancouver poisoned her own trees to increase the view (aka real estate value) , listed and sold the home for a tidy profit then was taken to court over the tree issue.