Something wrong with my tomato plants in house

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Woodland Jennifer, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Woodland Jennifer

Woodland Jennifer Active Member

Re: Tomatoes under grow lights in house.
    I have been having problems with the variety, Indigo Rose tomato, which have had a problem for a while. My Sungold are not affected.
    The leaves are curling under and it looks like swellings along the veins on back of leaves which seem to disappear when pressed. I had dunked the plants in water and also ran water over them, upside down, twice. Now, a couple of weeks later I found that the stems, from where they leave the soil has what looks like white mold on them for about two inches also more 'swellings' on underneath of leaves. The plants are about a foot high.
    I put them outside last night in case this spread so they will be in dying-mode. I have replanted seeds.
    I am afraid this, whatever it is, will spread to my other tomatoes and perhaps, numerous houseplants.
    They were under two four foot long growlights from Vesey each with two lights, T5 bulbs. I used Sunshine No. 1 mix for planted.
    I have read all my books but don'g find the problem there and have not encountered it in my forty years of starting my own plants in the house.
    Thank you.
    Woodland Jennifer

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Woodland Jennifer

I don't know if the files I think I attached made it on here, I am confused.
    Woodland Jennifer

Attached Files:

3. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

Swelling on the back of the leaves looks like Edema. Graymold and Edema may indicate too humid/or poor air circulation or too low ambient temps.

4. Woodland Jennifer

Thank you very much for your reply. What you suggest makes sense.
    Jenny