Software Update / Style Change

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I've updated / patched the main software and all plugins.

I've also installed a version of the Elegance 2 theme: XenForo Style: Elegance | Artodia

There will be more (but subtler) style changes as I become familiar with how to do the custom styling. Top on the list is to get that xenForo logo removed.

wcutler likes this.
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

It's taken a while, but finally back to branding the place as UBC BG.

wcutler likes this.
  3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

It would be useful to have Location appear under the avatar of the member making a post. This is particular true for plant identification postings as it gives the reader a clue to the plant's habitat. Local Time is less important but is sometimes useful for international postings; the reader can then know when the OP is unlikely to respond to a post and thus can take time in composing a response.

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I agree, didn't realize it was missing, as we used to have that displayed. Hmm, was it only in the old system or did it just disappear? I thought we were recently able to see where a posting was from.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Sure, the location info was deselected with the new style. I've re-added it.

I've dropped user local time, trying to make things a little speedier.

wcutler likes this.
  6. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Will take me a little time to get acquainted with the new outlay, but it's very neat, very modern ;)

7. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Didn't we used to see how many posts a user has made, even as recently as last week? I find the user categories not helpful, as the titles are somewhat arbitrary and not easy to remember (which has more postings, Active Member or Contributor?), and they have such a large range. They're not bothersome, but if it came down to number of posts vs. categories, I'd rather see number of posts.

Junglekeeper likes this.
  8. Daniel Mosquin

Sure, missed that too.

9. Junglekeeper

Not that it matters to me but wasn't there a Likes counter before as well?

10. Daniel Mosquin

yes, was/is again

11. Junglekeeper

The login process throws up a dialog box for entering the login parameters even though the same information is already present on the main window. Seems rather redundant. Is this normal? The old software did this too but only on occasion, I guess as a deterrent to hacking.