snowmound or bridal wreath spirea

Discussion in 'Woody Plants' started by janetdoyle, Jun 22, 2009.

1. janetdoyle

janetdoyle Active Member 10 Years

Victoria [Saanich, actually, northeast of Victoria
    I believe it might have been Ron B who mentioned in this forum that one variety of white "bridal wreath" type Spirea was more ornamental than the others. I seem to have lost my label -- I have been disappointed in my spirea, which did not develop the pointed arching fronds with blooms -- there are some pointed fronds, which were bloomless [new this spring, I believe], but they tend to go "up" not out and down, although the new ones this year may do that, they are pointed up and slightly sideways -- and the white blooms clustered in the center and top of the shrub and not along arched pointed branches... they lasted a short while and became rather pallid and brownish eventually. The shrub seems otherwise healthy, full with inch-long true-green leaves [soft, not crinkled, with slightly toothed or irregular edges] and light brown stems. Basically it is a mish-mash of what I thought it was supposed to look like.

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Same as with roses, apple trees and numerous others up becomes over in time.

3. janetdoyle

janetdoyle Active Member 10 Years

Victoria [Saanich, actually, northeast of Victoria
    Good, okay, will see what happens next spring! Hope to see it mounding up and over...