This "blob" is living in my rock garden. For some time, I thought it was left over cement someone had poured in my rocks. I recently removed a large tree from the area so the area is now part to full sun instead of dappled to full shade. While removing the tree, I realized the mass looked alive somehow. I tried to ID it, but was unable to even describe what it was. Everything I found suggested it was a Fuligo septica (dog vomit slime mold). I was under the impression that slime molds don't actually live very long in one place. It has definitely grown, but I don't think it has moved. It appears it isn't a fan of the new climate I provided it by removing the tree and re-directing the sprinkler away from it. It looks quite a lot different today. There is no mulch in the garden, but I suppose under the mass there are plenty of leaves and lawn debris- I haven't been able to clean that area of the bed as it freaks me out. Any help anyone could provide would be much appreciated.