Sick Haworthia fasciata

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by denisestone, Oct 14, 2006.

1. denisestone

denisestone Member

Ive had this plant for a few years and it has never really looked ok... the bottom "branches" are soggy, there are virtually no roots and the poor thing is dying. Help please. (I dont think I am overwatering it)

Also, with that round looking one... name?? and any reason why it hasnt grown at all in the 4 years I have had it... will it grow.

And just any help with the latin names of the other two.

And... with the tall cactus, I want to put it in a new pot. How big should the pot be and does it matter if I put it in a larger pot.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. denisestone

denisestone Member

Can someone at least help me ID these
    Thanks
    Denise

3. James D.

James D. Active Member

i wouldn't repot the tall cactus they like to be rootbound. try letting the haworthia sit out of its soil for a day or two adn then plant it back in a smaller pot with lots of coarse sand in it, to give excellent drainage. they reason the small barrel cactus hasn't grown is because that pot is way to big for him, he would much prefer to be in a smaller pot where he can be rootbound and then he will grow.

4. denisestone

denisestone Member

Thank you very much, I was wondering the same with the barrel cactus. I had to put it in a bigger pot because the other one he was in broke, I never really knew it would make a difference though,
    Thanks