sick dogwood

Discussion in 'Cornus (dogwoods)' started by tcarney0416, May 19, 2005.

1. tcarney0416

tcarney0416 Member

Pink Dogwood

I live in Tennessee. I recently planted a young Pink Dogwood tree. It gets morning sun, then is in the shade most of the afternoon, as recommended, it looked fine for awhile then all of a sudden, the leaves just turned grey and shriveled up. I kept watering it, but it just got worse. I have pruned it back and fertilized it and continue watering it. The branches are still green and pliable, but no leaves or sign of life. Is there any chance it will come back?

2. tcarney0416

tcarney0416 Member

I recently planted a small pink dogwood purchased from a nursery. It did fine for a while, then all of sudden the leaves just turned grey and dried up. I kept watering it but no luck. I pruned it back and fertilized it. The branches are still green and pliable, but no leaves. Is there any chance it will come back?

3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

This doesn't sound good. It has been two weeks since you posted so I suppose by now it may be dead or it has leafed out again. If it is gone, you should go to the place where you purchased the tree for a replacement but be sure to plant the tree properly. The problem could have been caused by different things. Ask about the best conditions for the tree at the nursery.