Selaginella Keys by State in pdf

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by terrestrial_man, Mar 16, 2008.

1. terrestrial_man

terrestrial_man Active Member 10 Years

I have already constructed two keys. One for the state of Arizona and one for
    California. My next key will be for Texas.
    These keys are designed only for an easy field id and may be dependent upon the locality of the plant that is being keyed.
    My current emphasis is on those regions where there is a preponderance of species.
    Apparently Texas holds the title as the state with the most species of Selaginella. I am restricting these keys to only the Spike Mosses, species found in the sub-genus of
    Tetragonostachys. There are two other sub-genera found in the United States and
    Canada: Selaginella, with 1 species, and Stachygynandrum, with 7 species. Please
    check the thread on Selaginella links and click on the efloras links for those species
    listed to check for geographical occurence and key characteristics.

2. terrestrial_man

Re: Selagiella Keys ARIZONA Field Use Key

The attachment below is in pdf format. I have used this format as it offers the greatest flexibility in data use. The file can be printed out. The file can be enlarged by use of the magnifier. For field use I recommend inserting a printed page into a sheet protector or laminate a sheet.

Attached Files:

3. terrestrial_man

Re: Selagiella Keys California Field Use Key

The attachment below is in pdf format. I have used this format as it offers the greatest flexibility in data use. The file can be printed out. The file can be enlarged by use of the magnifier. For field use I recommend inserting a printed page into a sheet protector or laminate a sheet.

Attached Files: