: ) seeds you have, and seeds you want...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, May 11, 2009.

1. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

HA! It's only been 3-4 months!

Bob's just the nicest guy ever! Who told you a Siam ruby was 90 bucks? They're amazing, and people will often pay good money for amazing, but apparently they're quite common in the banana world (honestly, why WOULDN'T it be?!?!? :O).

Bob is quite the gentleman, though, and kudos to him for it. I know I'd be rather impartial to giving up a Siam ruby - even a pup!

2. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

I have a fig cutting, dont know what type it is tho, mmmm i am gonna have to check

3. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

A fig sounds good right now...

Any one have experience and would know how long it'd take a cutting about one centimeter big to grow and produce?

4. robv187

robv187 Member

You're very welcome, just knowing it makes you and penny happy is enough for me. What ever you think i would enjoy is perfect hbl :) but please know that I gave you and penny the seeds as a gift, and would never demand anything in return. I appreciate your input and advice on things, it will take me a while to learn the right way to do things but i know i have lots of help here.

That jerusalem cherry is beautiful! I wouldn't mind some seeds ^_^ the part about it being very easy to grow is also appealing for a noob like myself. Only part that is a concern is the poisonous part, i'd need to make sure no one in my family would accidently ingest a cherry thinking it's edible. Worth growing for sure, for the sake of convorsation though, how poisonous are they?

Thanks shearme for the comment on venus fly traps, they seem hardy by the way you described them. Your seeds are on the way too btw :)

I still have to send you something claudia, and no worries, I promise you will get a gift from me soon. I'm doing well by the way, thanks for asking.

Anyone seen katalina lately? lol

5. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Very cool rob, and yes, so far the traps have been great during the summer. How's those 'quats doing by the way?

6. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

Bad Rob lol i havent seen Kat for a while mmm

7. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Morning everyone,

Katalina is away for 2 weeks and should be back on the weekend ( i think), but no worries, she's on vacation.

Absolutely not Sherry, i wasnt offended by your post for asking for postage, sometimes you have to do that, just to cover your cost.
    A few times i have had to pay to have somthing sent to me from others, ask when you feel you need too.

Thats the nice part about becoming a regular trader with someone, isnt it Rob, that we all trade back and forth and LOVE to surprise one another, gotta love seeds huh!! :)

Thats awsome on the plant that Bob will be sending you in the spring Sherry, well done!

Again, thanks for all the great seeds yesturday too Sherry :)

8. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Penny, I wouldn't dream of asking you for postage!

: O

I am referring to strangers that I have never dealt with before, not my seed trading pals.

Yes, Zac, Bob is the best. We are getting to know each other a lot better, and I am so glad to trade with him so often. He did say he wouldn't just give his siam ruby to anyone, but that he knew it would be in good hands, so I am really honoured. I just hope I can grow one that he thinks is cool. I love too, that I am learning about bananas from the best - someone who really knows how to grow them.

Zac, Canadian prices are different from the USA, and banana plants here are insanely priced. Just ask Vicarious1 how much a Siam Ruby is in his area!!!!!

Four months could be considered 'way back', Zac! LoL. I just meant that we weren't new to trading with each other is all.

Rob, thanks so much for saying that about your gift, because many people do give 'gifts' only so they can receive in return! This is not really a gift then and it was given with a motive and strings attached. I do appreciate the seeds you're sending though, and feel motivated to give back, but not out of obligation. I want to. Looking so forwad to receiving your seeds...

: )

P.S. Yes, knew about Katalina, but thought she wanted it to be private about her vacation. I guess not.

9. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Hiya Sherry.....Noooooo i knew that, that you wouldnt ask me for postage, i was just saying that if you ever had to, for whatever reason, i would be fine with it, you've always been very generous with me, and if you needed me to send you postage first, not a big deal.

I went and read Kat's PM's to me, and it didnt say anything about not telling that she's away....so i hope i didnt let the "kat" out of the bag, by posting this....sorry if i did Kat :)

You are very lucky to have Bob as a contact Sherry...............oh hey, what is the longest that its ever taken for you to get a banana plant from the States?

10. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

Good morning, i knew Kat was away on vacation but i was told not to say anything so thats why i didnt :) U guys are really nice, i love knowing that u guys trade cause u want to not cause u are waiting for something in return. I think i found really nice people here and hopefully friends :) aaaaawwww i feel like a group hug coming.......group huuuuug :D

11. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Popping back in,.

The sedum that i posted about a week or so back, that i've had for a couple years and forgot the name....its a Stonecrop Sedum, i just found the plant tag while i was cleaning out a drawer!!
    Now i know the name!!!!

12. The Hollyberry Lady

So nice of you, Penny, but no it's ok, I won't need any postage from ya. Um the longest it took for me to get a banana plant from the US? Nearly two weeks! Actually it was Bob's Plumeria and Siam Ruby that I was waiting for - I thought they would never get here! Finally they did, but it was two whole weeks. Hope you get yours soon, Penny.

Yeah, Katalina asked me to keep a lid on it too - but now that Penny has let the 'Kat' out of the bag (lol), I guess it's no longer a secret. Too comical. It will be nice to see her return soon though.

Rob, I will mail ya some Jerusalem Cherry seeds next time, and a few other surprises too. Thanks again for your seeds - I will let you know when I get them...

Yes, I am looking forward to these Fig tree cuttings because she tells me the figs are delicious on this variety she has, and that she keeps it in pot permanently and sets it outside for the summer. She said she mailed me two cuttings so I will try to root them both.

Yes, Penny, that California Gold banana plant is supposed to grow great in our area and it produces real bananas in a short time. Bob said he really wants to see how great they grow here, as I will show pics galore - unlike some people, LOL! No but it does sound like a terrific variety, and I can't wait to try it. I will share it with you later...

I best go out and get a monkey too, for all the banana trees I will have around here! It's going to be awesome. I am so happy that so many nice people shared with me, and I intend on giving to others later too, that want a banana plant but don't have one - just like me once. How fun.

13. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Hi all,

Popping back in, still no banana plants, infact no mail at all today.
    Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Well i feel bad now, if Kat didnt want anyone knowing she was going away, i wouldnt have said anything, had i known not too...sorry about that.

That California Gold plant, sounds awsome Sherry, and even better that it suits our climate better,

14. The Hollyberry Lady

I don't think she will mind, Penny - she's pretty cool like that. You did it out of innocence, so don't worry. She probably just didn't want us to be jealous that she's sipping margaritas on some beach somewhere - living it up! LoL!

Well, now I know exactly what you're going through with the banana plants. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting...

Don't worry, they'll show up.

Yes, it does sound great about the Ca. Gold banana plant. Bob says it should grow terrifically! We shall see...

15. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Exactly, i dont think she'll mind, mistakes happen.

I hope so, the sender did send me a PM today to see if its shown up, and nothing yet, it was mailed around the 8th of September, so fingers crossed!!

16. The Hollyberry Lady

I bet by Friday - latest.

17. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

I just checked the calendar and its been 2 weeks today then, so hopefully your right and they arrive.

18. The Hollyberry Lady

Wow - that's awhile, but just don't worry until Friday...

19. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

I think by the sounds of it too, when it was mailed, there is no tracking number, it was sent from the post office, but no numbers....oh well, what can ya do.

20. The Hollyberry Lady

None of mine were sent with tracking numbers, and I received every one of them.

21. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Ok, so thats good to know then, i am sure it'll be this week, if not then i might just order online.

I am also waiting on some seeds from a woman that i have a gut feeling that my end of the trade was good, her's wont be.

22. The Hollyberry Lady

Don't forget you are going to get a 'High color mini' from me very shortly...

P.S. Are ya gonn edit your two words in the story thread? The story has to make sense or each of us has to edit...

: P

23. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Oh ya, i totally forgot about that one, gonna have to Google it and read up, thanks Sherry :)

Going to check the other thread :)

24. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

WOW....i googled that plant, its so cute Sherry, i cant wait now!

Says that you can cook with and eat the leaves too.

25. The Hollyberry Lady

Consider it yours, Penny!