Rose ID Please?

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by lily, Sep 6, 2008.

1. lily

lily Active Member 10 Years

Can anyone tell me anything about this rose bush? I know absolutely nothing about roses and would like to know what I have so I can look after it. This rose has a nice fragrance. It was on my property when I purchased my home in December. I'm wondering if it is a climbing rose? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      123.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      122.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      85 KB
      Views:
  2. Weekend Gardener

Weekend Gardener Active Member 10 Years

There are so many fragrant pink roses out there that ID may be difficult, unless someone who grows the exact same rose comes across your pictures. The flower looks like it has a hybrid tea form, and the bush a "typical" hybrid tea shape. If it's been that shape for the last few years, then it is unlikely to be a climber. I am not aware of any climbers that has that flower form, unless they are climbing spots - e.g. Queen Elizabeth (which is not particularly fragrant).

You should consider posting your question in some of the "high traffic" rose forums, e.g. Gardenweb or Herigtage Rose Foundation.

3. lily

lily Active Member 10 Years

Weekend Gardener ~Thanks very much for your suggestion. I posted on both forums.
    It's not a strong fragrance because you have to get really close to smell it. Much appreciated.