Red plant

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Blake09, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

What could this plant be? It's ben sugested as a Rhus glabra. I thought this plant was a Tree of Heaven, but I thought it was weard that it turned red in fall because my other Tree of Heaven plants the leaves just die and you have stems... Now all of the leaves have fallen off on the red plant and it has a white-ish red stem. The pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago.

PS.
    These pictures were just taken to be pictures, not be identifyed so It might be hard to ID them... But a person wanted this plant to be identifyed. These are all the pictures I have of the plant. :)

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Leaves are kind of long but stems do look like those of smooth sumac. Collect a leaf-and-stem sample and compare at close range with known smooth sumac.

3. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

4. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

I now for sure think its a Rhus glabra thanks to saltcedar... Ron B I cant take a leaf as I said they have now fallen off, but I can cut a stem off and get a good picture of it if you still want...

:)

5. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

I was telling you a good basic method for determining for yourself if a plant is a kind you think it might be.